Favorite Books

  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
  • Discworld series.
  • Good Omens.
  • Green Sky Trilogy.
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.
  • Ishmael.
  • Misfortune.
  • Perfume.
  • Stranger in a Strange Land.
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond.
  • Through the Looking Glass.
  • Winne-the-Pooh.
  • Witches Abroad.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Not the end of Ender

I'm going to end this blog but keep it up, for several reasons. For one, I did such a terrible job of reading all those classics I swore last year I was going to read. I'm a little embarrassed. But moving on.

For two, it's now been over a year since Ender passed, and though the pain in my heart is still very much a part of me, I feel the need to no longer dwell on his death. He is still with me every day. I talk to him and hear him talk back, just the way he did in life. Sometimes, late at night, he mews at me from the kitchen to come and fill his bowl. I ask him more than I'd like to admit to please talk to our new cat, Muta, and convince him to not be so awake at 4 am every single morning so I can get an uninterrupted night of sleep.

I also feel like reading blogs are everywhere, and although reading the classics is still on my list of things to do, this year I want to focus more on my writing; the poetry and songs I've created and continue to pump out after nearly 20 years of realizing my calling.

So I've created a new blog, "Formidable Witch". I hope to debut a series of poems I wrote as a very Gothic teen, full of darkness and angst and nearly ripped off Nine Inch Nails lyrics. I also plan to post song lyrics to Thorazine Unicorn songs, and poetry I've written more recently. I may even add in chapters from my still-in-outline-form book, all about running away and stealing a car with my best friend when we were fifteen.

I want to use this new blog as a sounding board for ideas, so please feel free to comment and give constructive feedback. I will continue to post on my other blog, Always Stir Clockwise, about all of my magickal cooking adventures, and hope to see you all in both places very soon. Keep an eye out for the Formidable Witch!! 

1 comment: